Do you love Minecraft? Are you interested in genetics – learning about them, manipulating them and creating something entirely new by using them? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then you’ll probably love the Advanced Genetics Mod, which brings genetic science to Mojang’s hit game. Before you get too excited though, it’s important to mention the mod only works with Minecraft versions 1.7.X. If you’re using the latest client, it’s just not going to function. If you want access to all the machines, upgrades, items and abilities offered here, you must be using the right MC client.
Because there’s so much to do with the Advanced Genetics Mod, a short guide to getting started seems like something most players would want to have handy. You can find that at the mod’s wiki page, but here are a few things to keep in mind. To even start utilizing the mod, you first need a scraper item to collect DNA samples, namely skin cells. Feeding these into a DNA analyzer machine will extract cells and some organic drop items. Making a basic DNA dictionary with those first cells is key, since you’ll have literally dozens of recipes to keep track of, even before you explore everything in this mod.
There’s a lot more to the Advanced Genetics Mod than that, but it’s a good guide for getting started. You can look up recipes yourself at the wiki, which again is the ultimate source of information on this particular mod. It’s so big that it needed its own wiki, and the thing is packed with information about the machines, what they do and how to use them to get the end results you want. If you’ve ever wanted to see what it was like being a scientist splicing together genes to make new creatures, this is the one and only mod for you.
- [EDIT] Increased combustion generator output
- [FIXED] More health prevented players from dying
- [FIXED] Yet another NPE in the breeder
- [FIXED] A GUI bug no one noticed
- [FIXED] Heal Crystal render bug
- [EDIT] Better seeded random function
- [ADD] Skin scales are now stackable!
- [FIXED] Reduced memory consumption
- [EDIT] Better API compatibility
- [FIXED] DNA Analyser bug
How to install?
- Download The Forge Installer.
- Make sure to download Minecraft and run the version you are installing forge for at least once!
- Then Run the Forge Installer and then select install client form the options.
- After it finishes, open up Minecraft and choose the profile “Forge” and login/test
- Download the Advanced Genetics Mod
- Open up “Run” or In the start menu search bar, type %appdata%
- Open the folder Named Roaming, and Then open the .minecraft folder
- Drag/copy the Advanced Genetics (jar or zip) files you downloaded into your .minecraft folder (the folder should be named “mods”) If the mods folder is not there create one.
- Once that has finished, Open up Minecraft and select the profile “Forge” then login and test if the mods are installed correctly!
for Minecraft 1.10/ 1.9 / 1.8
for Minecraft 1.7.10
for Minecraft 1.6.4