What is Pixelmon Mod for Minecraft?
I’m going to come out and say it; Pokémon mods are my favourite thing in the world. So now we’ve established my obvious bias, let’s get down to some proper reviewing. It’s fun, review over. Seriously though, this mod has provided me with some of the best laughs I’ve ever had, this mod is perfect to play with friends. The mod has massive depth to it (as well as tonnes of Pokémon) which really makes this fun and interesting, it actually feels like there’s a lot to do. As well as this the mod does look pretty nice, most of the Pokémon models are beautifully made yet with some that, arguably, could use some updating. I’m not one to complain though, even a blocky Rattata looks cute in my eyes. One of the things I love about this mod is the questing which, although is obviously quite simple, add a different dimension to the game which can be before frustrating and really rewarding. That, as well as other additions to the mod, add a really interactive sense to the game which can be really engaging. Ultimately, it’s the kind of mod that you can spend half an hour on or four days which is exactly what I look for in a mod – fun, fun and…more fun. I would definitely say it’s up there in the best Pokémon mods and, with a little updating, it could easily reach the top. I would definitely recommend getting Pixelmon, so you can get your PIXEL-ON…sorry.
Pixelmon Mod for Minecraft Features
- 340 pokemon!
- Modifies NO base files (Meaning it should work with any mod)
- Configuration file to change spawning amounts, Block and item ID’s
- Comprehensive attack system featuring over 500 attacks (including status effects and stats modifiers)
- Pokemon overlay showing current pokemon and their status
- Functioning pokedex
- Multiplayer supported! (including bukkit using bukkitforge)
- Full PC storage system!
- New Healing block!
- Evolution stones!
- New Capturing system!
- Brand new models for pc and healer
- 3D pokeball and capture animation
- All Mob’s to scale as specified by the bulbapedia
- Battleable Trainers
- Aggression system
- Friendship System (Umbreon will evolve with it)!
- Hammer and anvil crafting system for pokeballs!
- Pokeballs now work in battle!
- Apricorn trees
- More Pokeballs: Heavy Ball, Level Ball, Love Ball, Moon Ball and Friend Ball + More!
- New GUI’s for battling, summary screen, and inventory, and more!
- Fossil Machine for reviving fossils found around the world!
- Trading! Trade pokemon with your friends! Evolve Pokemon!
- Find Icy and Mossy stones throughout the world to evolve certain Pokemon!
- and much, much more….!
Screenshots of Pixelmon Mod
Pixelmon Mod Showcase:
- Go to Pixelmon Wiki
Pixelmon Mod Installation:
- Go to Minecraft and back up all your content
- You’d need to have the Minecraft Forge installed.
- Run and test Minecraft
- Drag the contents from Pixelmon to
for Minecraft 1.9.4 / 1.9 / 1.10 / 1.10.2
- Not yet available!
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.8
for Minecraft 1.7.10
- Lead Designer – MrMasochism
- Team Leader for Modelling – SPG
- Audio – ZeeCount
- Forum/Beta Testing Admin – Isiliden
- Necromancer – Grethen