Caves; endless piles of stone and mud been dug away at for hour after hour, searching, hoping for that one piece of diamond. In Minecraft it’s inevitably, you’re going to spend most of your time in mines, hence the name…So why not make them a little more interesting? Wild Caves 3 mod is a mod that offers some cool and interesting improvements to caves in Minecraft. Stalactites and Stalagmites stick out from floor to ceiling, Iceshrooms litter the ground in frozen caves, spider webs cling to the walls and all around there’s skulls and bones. Cool, right? It can be nice to have something new to add to the game and caves, despite their occasional depth and beauty, can become very tedious. This mod really just makes caves look nice. However, there is some interactions, stalagmites can fall and do damage and you can customise how often the design features occur. You can also have really, really long stalagmites which can definitely be an interesting sight to see. All in all, it’s definitely worth trying, it’s a nice feature to add onto the game and definitely adds some sprinkles to the vanilla caves of Minecraft.
- Decorates caves to make them more interesting.
- Stalactites and Stalagmites generate in caves.
- Stalagmites will only generate under stalactites.
- Stalactites, Stalagmites and vines generate dynamically and can be as long as you want.
- Entities can get damaged when falling on stalagmites.
- Different features depending on biome.
- Stalactites and stalagmites in all biomes.
- Vines on humid and jungle like biomes.
- Icicles on cold biomes.
- More water sources on wet biomes.
- Sand and sandstone generates on arid caves.
- Sandstone stalactites/stalagmites on arid biomes.
- Ice and icicles generates on frozen biomes.
- Iceshrooms on frozen cavesstone stalactites/stalagmites drop cobblestone and they can be collected intact with silk.
- And much more…
- Made icicles support more ice blocks.
- Added range support for dimension option.
- Updated for 1.7.2
- Added “simple” flooded cave generation.
- Fixed a few config options.
- Changed block whitelist to use block names instead of id.
- Download the WildCaves 3 Mod!
- When you haven’t installed Minecraft Forge yet, download and install it.
- Move the downloaded
- Have fun!
for Minecraft 1.10/1.9/1.8
Update in progress...
for Minecraft 1.7.10
for Minecraft 1.7.2
Credit: GotoLink & Alexmania